Your EBS Spectrum: What is it actually worth?
July 18, 2023
Your educational broadcast spectrum (EBS) license is an asset legally owned by your organization that might now be sold for a value far higher than what you may imagine.
- WCO will provide historical price information to help you understand the spectrum market, which has been long distorted because of the presence of a single lessor/bidder.
- Competitive bids for wireless spectrum have now substantially increased the potential price value of the EBS license you own.
- WCO can make a competitive offer that does not violate your current lease terms.
- Recent auctions have elevated spectrum prices but are still highly flawed and may intentionally not reflect true market competition.
- In the recent FCC auction for remnant 2.5 GHz licenses, information about the population coverage for each license was absent – so most potential bidders chose not to participate.
- Current EBS leases may work to suppress fair value and return on current licenses because of:
o Right of first refusal (ROFR)
Ask WCO Spectrum for a reliable estimate of license values, fair market comparisons, actual spectrum auction data and an analysis of your organization’s lease cash flow: